THIS CAR IS NOW SOLD!
We’re selling our Rover 216SLi! Now’s your chance to own a magazine featured, original pre-facelift Rover R8 that’s made a perfect daily driver for the past year.
For sale is our 1991 Rover 216SLi. Offered in Flame Red over Tempest Grey – a tasteful colour combination, the launch specification – this car has covered just 86,000 miles and sports the popular Honda 1.6 litre D16 engine, paired with a 4-speed automatic gearbox to create a superbly reliable, comfortable daily-driver.
The bodywork isn’t fantastic, but few unrestored R8s at this money are and with a few imperfections, it’s less stressful to park in the supermarket, etc. This car has been used on the daily commute, as well as various long-distance trips over the last six months. In that time, it’s been flawlessly reliable and has never given any trouble. It’s proven economical, easy to drive and practical enough to carry five people and plenty of luggage. It’s rare to find a pre-facelift R8 200 with reasonable mileage for this money these days, so would make a perfect retro daily-driver.
- Full engine service and gearbox oil change a month ago
- Brand new windscreen recently
- Everything electrical – mirrors, windows, radio, etc. – works perfectly
- Sunroof functions perfectly, doesn’t leak
- Tidy interior with no rips, tears or burns in upholstery
- Low mileage for age – engine burns no oil and is reliable
- Two keys
- Slight surface rust on N/S/R arch, metal is solid (see photos)
- Headliner sagging, but not ripped – recoverable
- Paintwork faded, but may come up with a machine polish
We’re looking for around £500 for this lovely old Rover, but will consider offers. Viewing is available in Peterborough during our Monday-Friday, 9:00-5:30 office hours.
CAR IS NOW SOLD!